Wasp Equipment with RMS
Brian Merli
2005-12-14 22:42:21 UTC
I am currently running Quicksell 2000, and purchased a new wasp bundle along
with MS RMS. I got the db ported over ok but am having problems setting up
the recipet printer, cash drawer and display pole. I did some reading an it
appears you need the printer driver for WRP-8055 (my reciept printer) and
this controls everything else? Can someone please shed some light on the
subject?
Sean Sullivan
2005-12-15 22:10:03 UTC
We tried a Wasp bundle and could not get the issue resolved after days of
trouble shooting with Wasp. I would try another hardware bundle since there
OPOS driver just do not work reliable with RMS. I would be curious if someone
else got the Wasp stuff to work because the hardware seemed okay.
subject?
Mobitech Lady
2005-12-15 23:48:01 UTC
Your best way to move forward is to get hardware that is on the RMS hardware
compatibility list. You can find this on Customer Source. If you don't
have access to Customer Source, your RMS Partner can help you procure the
right hardware.
--
Mobitech Lady

Amy Luby
Mobitech
402.330.0707
www.mobitechonline.com
subject?
Jeff
2005-12-16 04:56:45 UTC
Brian,

Actually you don't need CustomerSource. Here's a public link to the hardware
compatibility page;
http://tinyurl.com/de8mg
--
*

subject?
Rick Brown
2005-12-17 13:47:27 UTC
And Wasp peripherals are on the list. Brian should escalate this within
Wasp and tell them it's being discussed by end users and resellers who
reported that at least one other customer couldn't get it to work with RMS
and if these reports aren't satisfied by Wasp then complaints might force MS
to remove them form the list. MS techs monitor these forums.

Rick Brown
DataBasics
subject?
Rick Brown
2005-12-17 13:55:12 UTC
Since Wasp peripherals are on the RMS approved list, there's one person at
Wasp who did the work to get them approved. Insist on talking to that person
and keep escalating until you find him/her.

Rick Brown
DataBasics
subject?
Walter
2006-02-11 17:12:29 UTC
after contacting Wasp support I was told that RMS 1.3 is not supported by
ther hardware. their suggestion was to downgrade to rms1.2 or to buy
different hardware for rms1.3
--
Walter
subject?
Brian Merli
2006-02-13 13:57:16 UTC
That is really nice, but I checked the hardware comp. list and that is how I
made my decision. I am not going to downgrade or buy any different hardware.
If the facts aren't correct they shouldn't be on the list. I will deal with
until I can through both pieces out and go with two different companies. It
is a lot of money for a small company to just trash the setup and start over.